Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fruit Leather

Last week we were so glad to find that some Walmart's have started to carry Stretch Island Fruit Leather!

We were able to find two legal flavors, which are Grape and Raspberry. Ingredients to steer clear from in other fruit leather are sugar and natural flavors. It is legal if it contains just fruit and ascorbic acid or lemon juice.
These are great to carry in a purse or backpack for a quick snack while at school or out on the town!
I will add this to my Prepared Products page soon!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Erin,
I am so excited to find your blog! I have been looking at your web-site for the last couple of weeks and am just starting the SCD myself. I have Celiac and did not seem to be thriving on a gluten free diet. Anyway, thanks for all your wonderful info.!
Kimberly

Tori said...

I just found your website and blog. I'm happy I did! I'm very new to this whole thing (first day off the Intro Diet today). And hopeful that it will make a difference!

I've started transitioning my girls (who are at least gluten intolerant) to healthier foods all around. I started making fruit leather yesterday. It's amazingly easy! If you have a blender and dehydrator, all you do is blend, pour (I recommend putting plastic wrap down first because it makes the job of removal MUCH easier), place in dehydrator, wait, and then package up for later use (I put it on wax paper and wrapped them up. My girls LOVE it. I'm sure it helps that they haven't had white sugar in a while, but still. :)